Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuesday

What an odd day - total adreniline burst at 4:15am - no hope for going back to sleep, so off to work.  High hopes for a huge day yesterday at the Y, we were at 48 when I left at 5:00, but we only made it to 86....good, but not huge.    My dog is chasing her tail as I sit here and type....that's HUGE - and cute and funny and always makes me wonder...does she not realize it's her tail, it's part of her, it's attached?  or does she know and just think God gave her a built in chew toy and it would be rude to ignore it?  cracks me up!  Peyton tried out for a couple of parts (the Teacher, Mega Math Mind, Student #6 and something else) in the show her musical theatre class is putting on at College For Kids - she thinks she did pretty well - hope to find out tomorrow.  She showed me her newest Hip Hop routine - she is fabulous!  Keaton won the balloon races in Weird Science and got to play doubles in tennis for the first time ever.  I was worried that we might have a cranky evening when we pulled in the driveway - tired kids, stressed mom, lots of work waiting behind the front door and an empty refridgerator.  Today really was a weird mix of circumstances and conversations and emotions, but we avoided the cranky and we're settling in now, the kids are playing wiffleball in the yard - apparently Peyton just knocked one into the neighbor's yard - luckily they adore her!, the dog is content at my feet, I am wearing flip flops, my greatest indulgence - and there are cookies and cheesecake bites from the Grand Cakery waiting to be tonight's dessert...all's right with my world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment