Friday, June 24, 2011

Another day on a mini-vacation...

I love these 4 day work weeks during College For Kids - it's become a tradition.  I enjoy a vacation, but there's something about a long weekend that suits me even better. 

Today I slept in - something I rarely do ... and waking up after the sun has come up is a strange and wonderful feeling!  Sophie was not as pleased!  She wanted to go out, she wanted to eat, she wanted to run and play.  She also wanted to help me pack the swim bag...or was that unpack...she was dragging a beach towel around the family room in her mouth!

Made coffee - enough to have some iced later in the day - yum!, packed the swim bag, packed the change of clothes, made a picnic - or would that be poolnic - lunch (yes,  I remembered the chocolate this time!), cleaned out the refridgerator, cut up the watermelon, made sure the kids ate, brushed their teeth and made their beds and off we went for another afternoon at the pool!

We are really getting good at this - scanned in like old pros, tried a new seating area by the diving board, the kids headed for the slides and I got 30 minutes to read...heaven!  Keaton was all about the diving board - Peyton requires a bit more variety.  We swam, we raced, we 'tried' touching the bottom - her on her toes, me on my knees.  She made up a fun way to swim - I was the front half of the swimmer - using my arms, and she was the back half - holding onto my legs and doing the kicking - it was fun!  Both kids are continuing to make progress on their swimming - especially Keaton.

We planned to stay for 2 hours, but we ended up staying for 3 - it was too perfect a day.  We were all about sunscreen this time, so no sunburns or sunburn drama.  And even after 3 hours of nearly non-stop swimming - they still didn't want to leave...
...these are their pitiful faces when it was time to leave!  But as soon as they hit that air conditioned car...


I took this at a stoplight without actually turning all the way around, so I didn't get them both, but trust me - they were OUT!  Always a bit of a treat when they sleep - I don't have to listen to Radio Disney - and believe it or not - it's not the music - in DFW it's an AM station and the reception is awful!  I guess when you're a mom and your kids are singing along in the back seat - the music is cute and I don't have to worry about what lyrics they are hearing and learning and asking me about!!!

The rest of the day was a bit of rest with a movie, baseball practice for K-Man, a trip to Southlake with Gracie for Peyton, I did some cooking, Sophie and I watered the lawn (she is hysterical trying to bite at the water!!!) and Patrick, Keaton and I went to Cousin's for dinner - that's turning into a Friday night tradition as well.  Rangers game on tv, a clean house, no obligations until 10:00am tomorrow (I'm heading down to Westside for their BodyPUMP launch - but that's more fun that work anyway!)...it's a good night to be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment