Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day 2011

The kids and I decorated the breakfast nook for Patrick - hand made signs and glittery purple bunting from Drew's graduation party!  And Peyton and I got up early to get the Cinnamon rolls Daddy loves from the Donut place on Basswood - yum!  The kids did a great job of staying quiet so he could sleep in ... kind of!


We baked homemade Hostess cupcakes...very dark-chocolately!  Very good, but not as sweet as I remember Hostess cupcakes.  But check out the decorations - Peyton's cake decorating class is coming in handy at our house!

And we cooked up a feast for the dads!  Jan and Sue came over, bringing veggies and the best bread and ANOTHER cake! and fruit...but we ignored it - clearly, it was much too healthy for Father's Day at the Murphy/Moles household!  They also brought Sally - and Sophie was SOOOOO pleased to have a playmate.  She is laid out on the living room rug right now - pooped from all the dog shenanigans!

I picked up Mom - she loves a Sunday at our house.  I don't think she remembered it was Father's Day, but it didn't seem to bother her!  She's had her hair done and was feeling pretty all right with the world.

Gifts were exchanged - lots of stuff from Academy!!!  Cards were read - ever notice how Father's Day cards are funnier than Mother's Day cards?  The kids got Grandpa Jan the award-winning card for this year, at least in my book - I love a card that can make me laugh right out loud.

We have drama right now in our downstairs bathroom - Peyton loosened an already loose tooth eating her dinner....check out how it's just hanging there....


...and since she has lost most of her teeth on some holiday or other (Valentine's Day, Thanksgiving, New Year's Eve, 4th of July), she is determined that it is coming out today...so here she sits on the bathroom sink trying to "gently" pull it out...



....I have tried bribing her - something I rarely stoop to, but she will feel so much better once it's out.  Some of my best memories of my strong girl being not-so-strong involved loose teeth.  She just does not like it.....one bit.....at all....period!

Patrick just convinced her to take a break and sit with him and watch a movie....I'm going to join them....Happy Father's Day....good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment