Saturday, June 11, 2011

Busy Day


Up early, packed the baseball bag, the baseball cooler, get Murph breakfast and drill=sargeanted him into his uniform and morning routine.  Ran to mom's to take care of a couple of things, back to the house to get Peyton ready to roll, off to Trophy Club for a tournament...we have 2 'borrowed' children on our team since we are out of healthy players with 2 on vacation - cheered for them like I'd known them all my life and may never see them again!  Keaton, my first baseman son, caught the first game, pitched the 2nd game for 3 innings, moved to short and then to 3rd.  Hit by a pitch...wouldn't be a tournament if he didn't take one in the back!  Ran into his old coach - Coach Ricky - loved CR!  anyway, it was hot...Texas HOT!!! and sunny, so I am radiating heat this evening from my reddish 'tan'!  Got in 30 minutes of walking (have to earn my Tour de Texas miles!), had a lime sno-cone - Peyton had strawberry!  Grandpa Jan and Grandma Sue came to the first game - Keaton loves an audience!  then back home, quick shower - and I mean QUICK! - then off to Granbury for Drew's graduation party.  My friend Lisa is truly my hero - so organized, so thoughtful, so adored by her family and her teenage son's friends...now THAT's an accomplishment!  Saw lots of people I love, had great barbeque, but - still texas HOT...Lisa was kind enough to tell me how casual I could be - translate to mean, no makeup, ponytail, ice packs in my pockets - anything so I wouldn't burst into flames!  Peyton came with me - she fell asleep in the car on the way, so it took her a bit to warm up to being in a party full of people who aren't her family...but she came around when it was time to start cleaning up - just like her mama - she loves a project!  She also loaded the car up with random party decorations that will clutter my house for the week...I am sure I will be receiving an invitation to "Brittni" or "Paige's" graduation party any time now...those are her current fave fake names for her alter-ego!  I brought home a party favor too...a big ole chocolate cake...I love leftovers, but usually in my world that's cold spaghetti or some rice and veg...big ole chocolate cake is better!  Home now, downloading photos and realizing if I want to make this a true collection of our life stories - I need to have a better camera than the i-phone!  and a better sense of when to take a picture!  Going to take a stab at adding some pix, maybe telling a couple of friends that this blog exists and then...well, there is a big ole chocolate cake whispering my name in the kitchen...and it really would be just rude to ignore it!  Happy Saturday everyone (not that there's anyone yet!)...today was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment