Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It was a cupcake of a day!

Today, Sarah came back from her mini-vacation and I was excited to hear her opinion of the Dark Chocolate Hostess Cupcakes...she loved them!  20 minutes later she popped down to my office with the news that they are expecting on December 28...joy!  she will be the ultimate mommy!  and then the day officially began and it was full of glitches - good work, good progress, but nothing running smoothly...what's that?  a headache thinking of moving in...no, wait!  Lisa G called and was stopping at JRae's for cupcakes for her meeting - would I like one???  Would I!!!???  Lemon, please....take that! headache!  meeting over - with 2 cupcakes to spare!  Take them for the kids - okay, let's see if I can make it home without eating them both (you may ascertain from this statement that the day continued to be "glitch-filled").  But made it home, I did - and told the kids we were having cupcakes for dessert...well, THEY were - I had mine at 3:00pm!  and then Gracie came over for the evening while her parents went out to dinner...and there the cupcakes sat in their charming JRae's box calling out to me....luckily, I had fresh tomatoes, parsley mint sauce left over from Father's Day and some great bread, just waiting to be grilled...Take that! temptation!  but it's 10:00pm, the house is just us and the kids are enjoying their double chocolate cupcakes and watching a movie together.  The storm is moving in - looks like another big lightening and rain thing - hopefully no tornados or big winds.  Off to light some candles and bring blankets and pillows downstairs...a perfect ending to a cupcake of a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment