Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pigs are Flying

Today was one for the record books professionally...weird conversations, unexpected meetings, very little traffic, an unexpected comment in passing...bizarre...gave me that feeling you get when you only have about 2 hours to sleep after being awake for 20 hours or so!

I did get to make a new friend today...

This is Chloe, Miss Jean's big fat kitty!  Jean's out of town, so I am feeding the cats (Abby is invisible!) and the fish and cleaning the litter box.  Chloe is sweet and LOVES to purr and mew and have her ears scratched.  The fish weren't so excited to see me!

Did a bit of house cleaning when I got home - Mrs Shannon picked up from C4K, so I ended up home earlier than usual.   Made dinner - the kids didn't make that "why do we have to eat at home face tonight", no idea why, but seems silly to worry about a gift like that!  Hot dogs, chips and watermelon - how very summertime of us!  The kids did make the "Wimbledon" face - until even Keaton got caught up in the Lisicki v. Bartoli match - very exciting dinner entertainment!

Then off they went for a bike ride while I did the dishes and tidied up the kitchen - how cute are they?  And neither one of them made a fuss about wearing their helmets - safety first!


Now, it wouldn't be a bike ride (or any other outside activity) if Peyton didn't return needing a bandaid...
or two...before I knew it, she had the Ace bandage out and the crutches!  She loves a good pretend injury and the drama that comes with it. 

This is going to be a pretty quiet week for our family - after last week and weekend, we need it.  I must admit, I love evenings at home.  Peyton uses her wonderful imagination and makes up songs or sets up an imaginary vet clinic or a school room and can play for hours.  Murph is all about 're-organizing' or 're-formatting' his i-Touch or some other computer, electronic thing or playing MLB or Madden on the PS2 - tonight he blogged about his youth fitness orientation at the Y and the arrival of his World Series trading pins


pretty cool, huh?

I took about an hour to play around on the computer - played games, looked at recipes, checked out a couple of blogs, read about the Joplin dog "Sugar" who is recovering after getting picked up with his house in the tornado and now I'm electronically scrapbooking - my excuse for blogging.  But I have failed miserably at making fabulous scrapbooks of the kids' lives because of the mess and lack of space in our house, so this is going to have to do.  Someday kiddos, you will find this, read it, hopefully know how much your momma loves you...and here comes Peyton on the crutches again!  Peanut, you crack me up!  I'd say my weird, out-of-body day has turned into a perfect, peaceful, normal, just-my-kind-of evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment