Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Let's see....

Another crazy day at work...and I am officially beat!  4 branch visits to train the new SilverSneakers FPP, 4 branch calls for the same reason...tomorrow off to Hood County to complete the task (I did 2 on Tuesday).  To top it off, one of my favorite people of all time and quite possibly the best member connector in our association is leaving the Y...sigh...and if that wasn't bad enough, a coworker that I know really well (and therefore assume she knows me) made a comment that either proves she doesn't know me at all OR proves that she doesn't care who she bulldozes over to make sure she gets to make her point or "win" or "be superior"...ugh...and then I got to explain to Peyton how when you love someone, you have to support their choices even if it's bad for YOU if it's a really good choice for THEM (my friend who is leaving, not the bulldozer).  And I think she understood the concept - Peyton, you are my practical child, level-headed, thoughtful, no-nonsense, very intuitive. 

Keaton, my sensitive child, had a break through today - his baseball coach called him out for some bad throws when he was playing first - he blanked and wore sneakers instead of cleats (and I didn't even notice!) and was having trouble planting.  Anyway, he toughed it out, it doesn't sound like he made a scene or whined or complained...but as soon as he hit the car, tears ran down his cheeks.  Murph, you are a pleaser, just like your mom and I know it cuts you deeply when someone doesn't recognize how hard you are working or doesn't cut you the same slack they cut others and then calls you out or criticizes you in front of your friends and teammates.  I am proud of your being able to hold it together until you got in the car - your safe place will always be with me.

Peyton spent the evening at Gracie's - they are have pre-separation anxiety - Gracie is going to Waco for the weekend for her brother's baseball tourney and they are both a mess knowing they won't be right down the street from each other to play!

Murph and I had a mommy/son date at Cousins - watched the Ranger game (up 3-0 when we left v. the Astros).  He was such a little gentleman, pulling out my chair, getting my drink, sharing his ketchup!

College For Kids is winding down - tomorrow is the last day for 2011.  The big hip hop and musical theatre performance is at 4:00pm!  Promise to post pictures and maybe video - if I can figure it out! 

Keaton brought home weird science homemade vanilla ice cream - we had to refreeze it and now it's our evening snack - 4 spoonfuls each!  and Peyton brought home her last "Cool Stuff for my Room" craft...

so adorable and so 9-years-old...notice the "girls only" artwork?!  I hope that sentiment lasts until she's about 17...fat chance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment