Monday, September 5, 2011

Sophie

Sunday, September 4

Sophie and I were the first ones up this morning...I have decided to blame her for my lack of workout today.  She was too adorable, too intent on going outside where it was cool for a change, too intent on playing a game of tennis ball and rattle pig, so I blew off my elliptical and rustled with Sophie for an hour or so.  Then I sat down for some me time at the computer and she layed down right beside me...

That's one long, stretched out dog!

Sophie's great gift to our family is her ability to make everyone happier - unless she is biting your feet or licking something.  If she deems you worthy of being her furniture friend (she sits down beside you and no one else), we all feel pretty proud.  If she brings you her toy for a game - you know you are clearly the best dog friend in the house.  If she chooses your bed to sleep at the end of...the highest honor of all...you will contort yourself into the smallest of shapes so she won't leave!

But on Sunday's - Grandma Peg is Sophie's joy.  I am sure it's because my mom delights endlessly in Sophie - how she looks, everything she does, the games she plays, the way she chases her tail, the way she barks at the tv and especially the way she lays her head on her lap all through dinner...Grandma Peg's been known to drop a crumb or two!

Sunday Sophie naps are more often than not, right beside my mom on the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment