Saturday, September 17, 2011

A day without anything big!

Tuesday, September 13

Today was a day without anything big on the calendar...no games, no practices, no scary meetings at work, no special events at PGE, no doctors appointments or bills due or prescriptions to pick up...not even a lunch date.

I have to admit - I adore these days!  I adore time to catch up, time to make lists and cross every single thing off them, time to pop in a co-workers office and chat for a minute, time to feel a bit lost because I'm not panicked about finishing something. 

I love these nights at home with the kids too.  We had dinner on tv trays (we are SO 50's), meatball subs for me and Keaton and a frozen pizza for Miss P.  Homework got finished and backpacks got packed up for the next day.  It was probably a little bit boring, but it felt so "normal" and relaxed.

I am trying to be dead-on in keeping everyone on schedule this year - especially bed time.  My kids, although they don't want to admit it, need their sleep - and that means a 9:00pm bedtime.  That's tough after a summer of 10:30 or later bedtimes.  Keaton has been pretty agreeable - football practice keeps him worn out!

Speaking of worn out...he sat down on my bed to pet Sophie while Peyton and I were brushing our teeth and washing our faces...and he went OUT!  Nothing sweeter than a sleeping child.

No comments:

Post a Comment