Monday, September 5, 2011

A Right of Passage

Sunday, September 4

As we all know - it's officiall, Murph made the 7th grade football team.  And with that comes new football cleats - the UnderArmor won out over the Nikes, continued 6:15am practices and dressing up on game days!

Patrick hit Kohls for the perfect tie - school colors, I think and picked one out to give to him after Sunday dinner.  He found the manliest gift bag, black tissue paper (who knew?) and that bag tormented the kids all afternoon once one of them spotted it!

It was a hit!  But, unlike ties of our past (preschool graduation, school field trip to the Symphony, Easter Sunday) - this didn't have a clip, a zipper or any elastic strap around your neck...this is a REAL tie.  A grown-up tie.  A "I have to tie it myself at school after I shower in the locker room around a bunch of other kids" tie.

Clearly, we must practice...

 Over, around, over, around, over, through...
 The tail is ALWAYS too long on the first try!
 Oh wait!  Keaton is left handed...hmmm...around, over, around, over, through...but the other way.
 Ready for the big finish....
tah-dah!
At one point...Murph says to me, waving his tie, "Hey Ladies...you know what this means...yes, I AM on the football team!"  love my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment