Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It's a Red White & Blue kind of day!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Today marks the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 Terrorist Attacks and it was a somber morning for me.  I have such vivid memories of hearing about the towers, listening to Howard Stern, of all things.  And then trying to get out to Desert Sky to get Keaton - his day care was really close to Luke AF Base and they wanted us to get our kids.  The freeways were nuts, the faces behind the wheels were so serious, you could tell everyone was listening to their radios and for the first time I could remember, people were really nice on the freeway in Phoenix.  I took Keaton to Chris-Town and headed DT for a meeting and found Kari there a wreck...her brother is a NYC Fireman and no one could get ahold of anyone - all the lines were busy.  We had to evacuate our meeting - government offices next door...so back to C-T only to have to evacuate our building because we got a bomb threat.  I remember calling the racquetball guys and having to listen to them get mad at me because they couldn't play!  Which only proves my theory on racquetball guys and swim team moms... none of the moms got mad at me that day, but I stand firm on my opinion that they are a lot of work!

Anyway, lots of moving tributes on CNN - so painful to watch the children who never got to know those mommys and daddys.  And, today was our first Patriots baseball game - a double header in Burleson.

 Our officials - all decked out in their commemorative umpire shirts - great way to show some respect even though we're out playing baseball on a day like today.
 Best luck (and field) ever - a playground right next to "Quarter" field - and the snack bar and the restrooms!
 Murph coaching first base - interesting idea - the last out of the previous inning coaches first - great lesson for the boys...but really?  my son?  I was so worried he'd be too busy making friends with his opposing first baseman that he'd get his teammate picked off!
 The fave piece of playground equipment - the spinny thing - no way I could do this, but she loves to spin!
 Queen of the hill - so cute - check out her feather flying in the breeze!  she's my stylish girl!
 Murph on first - holding a guy on - he was really focused throughout the game - so proud!
 This is the team handshake after the first game - what you can't see is how hard this was for the other team.  They thought they had the game won, up by 2, 2 outs, time expired and then we got two base runners on 2nd and 3rd and the mighty Keaton Murphy came up and hit a 2 RBI double to tie the game...so they thought they had the tie...but no, California Tie Break - weird, won't even try and explain it, but we won - 13-12!  Whew!
 Keaton and Alex - together again and happy with their win!
My daughter the balancing act - she has the most natural sense of balance - roller blades, ice skate, skateboards, jungle gym equipment...amazing... and  I can assure you she didn't get an ounce of it from me!

I can't tell you how good it feels to be playing baseball again!  Go Patriots!

No comments:

Post a Comment