Monday, August 15, 2011

Sunday Supper

Sunday, August 7
What a busy and wonderful day!  Got up early, worked out, hit the grocery - (I had hit Central Market the day before!), packed the swim bag and the kids and I took off for the pool.  Patrick and his mom got to spend some time just the 2 of them - lunch and time to catch up and then it was off to pick up mom!

Now you know mom isn't too fond of change in her routine unless it's her idea and Dar was definately not her idea.  I think it makes her nuts that the kids adore Dar...of course Dar adores them, my mom has no earthly idea what to do with them, so it all makes sense to me!  I'm sure 10 years ago it would've made sense to mom, but these days sense is one of the things we struggle with...Anyway, I tried to get her prepared, to make sure she knew it was just going to be a regular Sunday at our house...with a really great menu!

Check out the prep for our dinner - I watched Kelsey's Essentials show on sauces - so we had proscuitto-wrapped asparagus with a buerre blanc sauce and seared rosemary-orange pork tenderloin with a wine reduction pan sauce with balsamic...yum! and those fabulous oven-roasted baby yukon goal potatoes.  And - sorry there's no picture - Paula Dean's Gooey Double Chocolate Butter Cake with homemade vanilla whipped cream....OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! 
 I probably should have taken a pic before I started to eat, but about 3 bites in, I realized this was a dinner for the blog - so ridiculously delicious!
 And of course, my favorite part of Sunday - dinner as a family!  I wish we lived closer to Dar - like all the way back in Fort Wayne or Auburn...I can still picture my little Sweet Shop in Downtown Auburn...covered in flour and chocolate and way more relaxed than I am these days!  And how cool would it be to make Dar a permanent part of Sunday dinner?  Just looks right, doesn't it?!
Seems kind of wrong to post this pic right after what I just typed ... but I do so love a dinner guest who jumps right in to help with the dishes!  Help...that's a bit of an understatement...I sat my hind end down in the chair next to mom and Dar and my family did all the clean up! 

And let me end this by mentioning that chocolate cake one last time....words cannot begin to describe!

No comments:

Post a Comment