Monday, August 15, 2011

Grandma Dar's first pedi

Saturday, August 6
Peyton had a plan - and you know how Peyton is when she has a plan!  She loves to get pedicures and she knew from the moment we found out Dar was coming to town, that we were headed to the nail salon.  Now Grandma had never had a pedicure and I am not convinced she was nearly as excited as Peyton and I were!  but it was Saturday and the boys were at a baseball tryout for the Dallas Patriots new Fort Worth/Western division, so there just wasn't going to be a better time...

 I'd say she took to it pretty well - the massage chair, the diet soda, the pampering!  Peyton was her 'tour guide' - helping her find the side table and work the chair remote - pretty darned cute if you ask me!  We tried to get her to go extreme in her nail color choice, but I think the experience was extreme enough.  I am pretty sure this pic was taken right after Dar said "This may have been my first pedicure, but I can tell you it won't be my last!"
 Peyton opted for the bright apple green with white flowers...super cute!
And look how fabulous we are - Dar in a sporty pink, Peyton's apple green and me in a bright pinky-coral.  I do so love the feeling of perfect tootsies!

We made it a total girl's day - a trip to Sam Moon for jewels and do-dads, lunch a Martha's, a trip to Target for clothes for Peyton's American Girl doll (and other goodies - I mean, c'mon- it's Target, for goodness sakes!)

And to top it all off - Murph made the Patriots - first round selection - so proud of him, very excited to see what they are all about.  If they can manage to accomplish and live up to 1/2 of what they said - we are going to be a very happy Fall Ball family

No comments:

Post a Comment