Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bits and pix from the week...

 Sunday Fun Day at the pool...just me and Peyton - diving board, water slides, pirate ship, mushroom - all the usual subjects...and all in just 2 hours!  It was like speed water-parking!  but we had fun!  I've decided any day with a visit to the pool feels like a mini-vacation, which intensifies the idea of summer, which takes away bags of work stress, which helps me relax...which works right into the whole lounge chair in the sun thing!
 Monday night was a family night - everyone at home for a change plus Gracie stayed over.  We decided on deli/subway-at-home night for dinner.  The kids are hooked on Subway, but since all Peyton will eat is 4 slices of pepperoni and some shredded cheese on a roll and they still charge her for an Italian sub - I decided it was time to bring the Subway experience home!  I stocked up on all kinds of things I never keep at home - salami, pepperoni, banana peppers, 4 kinds of cheese, little sub rolls, hot horseradish mustard!  YUM!  It was fun watching the kids choose their sandwich fixin's...not so much Peyton - she isn't quite ready for horseradish mustard!  but it was good and we were together.  The girls were actually a bit late - they had spa day upstairs...no idea what they did, but they smelled good when it was over and every towel in the bathroom was soaked!  I guess I should have made them little finger sandwiches and tea!!

 Tuesday night was just me and Murph.  Peyton went to Gracies somewhere around noon - I tried to pick her up on my way home from work about 6:00pm, but she wanted to stay longer...no surprise there!  Murph and I went out on his continuing quest for the best beef and cheese nachos in Fort Worth - Tuesday we hit Martha's on Heritage Trace - famous (so they say) for their sopapillas.  We had the nicest server (Ceasar), the screamiest red-headed child at the table beside us and, according to Keaton, the BEST. NACHOS. EVER!  I don't think we're done with the search - there are still dozens of Mexican restaurants within 5 miles of our house, it would be a shame to stop looking!  But, I am sure we will be back - hopefully without the screamy kid!  Anyway, we were supposed to pick Peyton up at 7:30 so we were driving around killing time when the phone rang and, you guessed it (and so did we), she wanted to sleep over at Gracie's.  No worries - I ran home and packed her a bag and me and Murph and Sophie walked it down to their house.  Still hot as heck, but a beautiful night to be out walking in the neighborhood.  Check out K in his new Hillwood Athletics gear!  Are you ready for some football???!!!
 Tonight was another 'just me and the kids' night and I have kind of phoned it in!  Work beat me up today, the heat is ridiculous and I am just plain tired.  I took the quickest nap in history - maybe 10 minutes and then caved and bought McDs for dinner, let the kids watch some Disney channel and just hang out.  Peyton, like all other 9-year-old girls in our area - is all into the duct tape crafts - this is the business card holder, change purse thingy that she made me...I have actually decided to use it to put my nametag in so it doesn't get all scratched up at the bottom of my purse!  She is making her daddy a ring...a big purple and pink flower ring!!!  and you know he will wear it because he adores her and would do anything to make her happy!
My burst of energy came about 7:30 and I made the family get up and power out 30 minutes of cleaning - really just finishing up a bunch of stuff we started when we were prepping the computer and living rooms for the new baseboards.  This is Keaton's 6th grade Landform Forces project.  He worked so hard on this - he started early, he did his own research, he found all his own images off the internet and he got an A.  This is my dilemma - I want to keep each and every thing they ever do, but it just doesn't make sense...so I am going to continue to take pix and blog about them because this one is now in our recycle bin...Keaton put it there himself! I nearly cried!  We cut the WWII leaders project loose before the blog...so it's just gone...sigh...I'm still getting the hang of remembering to take enough and the right pictures...I guess it's a learning process. 

Okay, time for me to wind down - tomorrow holds 2 big/HUGE meetings and a lot of YFL prep work.  But, it's Thursday, and that's Trinity Trails, Radio Shack hill day and that always does wonders for my attitude.  Nothing like walking and talking and venting and laughing with a friend to put everything into perspective!

Good night...

No comments:

Post a Comment