Monday, February 17, 2014

Good Bye Charlie

The weirdest thing happened yesterday - Peyton was on a mission to reorganize her backpack...a 10.3 pound nightmare.  We started on Friday night - went through old papers and got rid of nearly 2 pounds!  And out of all the graded papers - only 5 of them were "memory box" worthy.  Intermediate school papers just aren't quite the warm-and-fuzzy's of elementary school.

Anyway, after a breakfast of this fabulous overnight french toast casserole, she sat down on the family room floor - the ENTIRE FLOOR, mind you - to tackle the rest of the task.  I was busy baking breakfast muffins and cutting up veggies and making snacks, etc for lunches this week and the guys were at the batting cages, so I told her she could pick whatever she wanted to watch on tv.  I figured she needed/deserved a little break from the Olympics!

Half way through the Great Back Pack Clean Up

What she found was a Good Luck Charlie marathon.  I love Good Luck Charlie.  I know it's a kid's show.  I know it's predictable.  I know the characters are caricatures of real people.  I know.  I know.  I know.  But in the grand scheme of kids shows I watch with my kids - I love this one.  The mom cracks me up, PJ is darling, Teddi is such a beautiful soul - not a bad thing for my daughter to see weekly.  Anyway - last night was the final show, so they did what any station worth their marketing salt would do and they played a full day marathon of shows leading up to the finale.

I stayed so busy - still had to finish sewing/mending the mermaid costumes for Peyton's drama performance.  Had to prepare the Sunday leftover extravaganza lunch.  Had to have a mini-emotional breakdown about my beautiful boy's insubordinate (aka teenage) behavior.  And all the other things I do on Sundays to make good use of my time to make the week run smoother. 

One of 3 Mermaid costumes that needed some TLC with needle and thread before the big performance!

Anyway, we watched the entire marathon.  We even recorded the finale since it took place during dinner and we all sat on the couch and watched together.  It tied up in lots of neat little packages - mom got a tv gig, PJ and Emmit started a successful food truck, dad still looks all buff, Ivy was no where to be seen - which made me sad, Gabe and the neighbor made nice and Teddi and Spencer found their way back together...ahhhhhhhh!  But the nicest thing about the entire day was when Peyton reached over to me, put her hand on mine and said "Thank you mommy for letting me watch the marathon - now I can cross this off my bucket list - "watching a marathon with my BFF"  (that's ME!)

Who knew your heart could be so full of love? 

And then, because he actually sat down without complaining and watched the show with her - Peyton helped Murph cut out words for one of his poem projects for English.  And because they love their momma and know what a giant nerd I am - they came into the living room to watch Meryl and Charlie skate in the short program and pretended to be interested before we tidied up and headed to bed.

I'd call that a perfect evening!  Thanks Charlie!

No comments:

Post a Comment