Saturday, March 8, 2014

Lazy Saturday...

Everyone got up early...and then somehow everyone but me went right back to sleep (notice my bed is already made)!  Peyton was OUT!  But she was so cute I had to snap a picture.  (and so out that she didn't immediately wake up and as say "MOM!  WHAT did you take a picture of????  You're not going to post that on Facebook are you????") 






Sophie - always a fan of a good nap, managed to find a spot right next to her to grab an extra hour of snoozing.  She was so comfortable that she didn't even come downstairs for breakfast until it was all the way ready.  Sophie wouldn't miss my Mama Eggs for anything!






 Once everyone was up (I had gotten mom up, gotten us both coffee and breakfast, gotten her bathroom clean, started a load of laundry, clipped a few coupons, finalized a grocery list and done the week's food shopping...and yes, I am patting myself on the back!) by then.  Anyway, the kids couldn't agree on lunch, so I told them they were going to have to figure it out and make it themselves.  Which means pancakes!  And sausage!  That's what they know how to cook.  Murph can make a pretty mean omelet and they both make sandwiches, salads, etc.  But they wanted to cook.  So pancakes it would be!  And who am I kidding?  Everyone loves pancakes and we didn't have them earlier in the week when it was National Pancake Day and Mike Golic ate 20 of them (maybe more) while they were on the air! 
These were their very best pancakes ever!  They have mastered seasoning the pan, making the baby test pancake, knowing when to flip, how to flip and how to cool off the pan if they are getting too browned.  They know how to set up a sheet tray in the oven to keep the first ones warm while the last ones cook.  They are in constant competition with each other over who has the best pancake and then they try and make an "art pancake" with the last of the batter.  Murph tried a swirl, which ended up being a "C", lots of teeny-tiny dot pancakes and one that ended up looking like a little cartoon man driving a car and Peanut made a heart pancake for me...AWWWW!  It was the best pancake ever! 

After the dishes were done and the kitchen back to normal, Patrick had to head off to work...boo!  Then Peanut and I headed off in search of a new bathing suit for her - she is going away with friends for part of Spring Break and none of her old suits fit.  Found one at Penney's, along with a couple of new pairs of flip flops that were too on sale not to buy!  Then home to try our hands at knock-off Panera Bread Mac and Cheese - delightful!  And now everyone has settled into their own thing. 

Mom is starting her nighttime back and forth between the couch and her room.  Murph is on his phone and watching the many hours of the NFL Combine that he recorded and I am threatening to erase.  Peyton is "socializing" on the iPad and I came in here to pay bills.  Then I remembered the cute photos, the nice day and the 10-15 minutes I still have to myself before it's time to start getting mom ready for bed and thought I would record some Marvelous Murphy history before it's gone from my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment