Sunday, April 20, 2014

ASDA Easter Picnic

Yesterday was the annual All Star Dance Academy Easter Picnic and Egg Hunt.  I forgot.  I've been so busy with mom and completely out of my routine, that I actually thought Easter was next Sunday.  Hard to believe it's been 40 days since I gave up computer games for Lent.  The ones on my phone that were sucking precious time away from getting other things done. 

Anyway, Peyton reminded me about the picnic early last week and I asked her to get the information from Miss Tiffany and we would go.  Of course that meant shopping and baking something and finding something to wear that was semi-cute, could get muddy and was perfect for coolish/warmish muggy weather.

She was excited to do the Easter Egg hunt with her friends - it's such a wonderful, girly environment when the dancers get together.  But yesterday morning via text - she found out the girls on her team weren't going.  Dilemma!

Do we go to the picnic (which I still hadn't shopped for or baked anything and Peyton hadn't gotten any details)?  Or do we hit the mall to shop for a Spring Social dress?

Luckily, she chose the picnic and just like last year - we had a ball.  I bailed on the baking and brought buns and chips (I've always secretly envied those people who don't cook or bake who get to bring plastic silverware or bags of chips!), we both found suitable outfits, Patrick dug out the Easter baskets and off we went.

 And they're OFF - check Peyton out on the right - these girls are serious
 
The basket is full, most of the eggs have been found...but still looking, just in case

Basket full of candy and maybe $$$ (she found 2 this year)

A girl and her Easter basket

 The confetti eggs are always the biggest hit with the girls and the parents and the little brothers and the instructors.  This is from the one Kara broke over Peyton's head.  We're saving one to use on Sophie this morning during our Easter Egg Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment