Saturday, April 19, 2014

April Bits and Pieces

Mom is out of the hospital and in rehab now.  She is so weak she cannot sit unassisted, she hasn't stood up for 10 days or so.  She couldn't even lift a plastic cup with less than 2" of water in it yesterday.  I am worried about her ability to come home.  They got her up and got her dressed for the first time and she screamed in pain.  She is restricted to a wheelchair and pull-ups until she gets a bit of strength back.  And she is so out of it mentally, that I have to be there all the time. 

If I'm not - she will tell the doctors and nurses all kinds of things from her ALZ World that have no basis in reality.  So I have been busy.  She is also very difficult for the therapists to work with because the one thing that hasn't changed is how much she detests any form of exercise!!!

But I did manage to be home most evenings with the kids and captured a few bits and pieces.

 100% recylcled material Egyptian costume for Peyton's GT class...duct tape, plastic bag, plastic party tablecloth, tin foil (or chrome paper, as Daddy used to call it!) and cardboard and twine for her sandals.  Quite fabulous!

 They never miss a chance to pose for picture!

 The "Blood Moon" total lunar eclipse.  Not the best picture, but when you set an alarm for 2:00am and the entire family drags out to see it - you must take a picture!  It really was pretty cool.

 It's a new tradition for the kids to pull the One Word Wednesday prompt from the jar.  Sometimes I forget until bedtime and then it's a scramble, but they are always happy to help...especially Bubbles

 I've ben trying to take Sophie with me to pick up Peyton - sometimes we walk down and sometimes we drive.  But I have so much freedom with mom at the Harrison - I might as well take advantage of it while I can!

The best thing about mom being in rehab is Saturday morning.  I don't have to set an alarm or get out of bed if I don't want to.  And this Saturday I had a snuggly dog to encourage me to just relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment