Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Ready for a new schoolyear to begin...

Every new school year is like a new beginning.  It actually seems more New Year than the actual January New Year!  Maybe that's a mom thing, but maybe not - I am sure I have felt this way since - well, forever!

Now that I am the stay-at-home parent, I want to keep track of things - in pictures, in stories and in funny quotes.  I want a record of the kids lives this year that will hopefully turn into every year.  Small snippets some days and long ramblings on others.  I want to have this to read when I am old and can't remember things and find it hard to find joy anymore.  I want this to be my version of the Notebook - my love story to my kids and my husband - a reminder of how blessed I am and how we may not be off on Tuscan vacations or winning Olympic events, but we live days full of accomplishments and silliness and marvelousness!

Marvelous Murphy Moments is a nod to the now-defunct "Marvelous Murphy Movie Mondays" - a phrase and an evening that always made me smile.  Back in the good ole days when Jack Bauer was saving the world and kicking some tail and the kids were too young to see the violence, Patrick and I created MMMM.  The kids would take turns choosing a movie to watch upstairs complete with popcorn, sodas and movie candy.  That would allow Patrick and I to drink a beer and watch 24 every week - 20+ weeks a year for 2 years - wish we would have thought of it sooner!

Anyway - school starts next Tuesday - ONE WEEK FROM TODAY! and I am optimistic about keeping up with this for at least one full school year.  One 6th grader.  One Freshman.  One dancer.  One football/baseball player.  One fashionista.  One "whatever they sell at Academy".  And one mom with a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment