Friday, August 23, 2013

Meet the Teacher

I swear this was the latest Meet The Teacher in the history of man.  The Friday before school?  The anticipation was killing Peyton!
She and Gracie got together early to guess their teachers and classmates and plan first day of school outfits.  They were vibrating in the backseat by the time we pulled into the parking lot.
Their only wish...PLEASE let us at least be on the same team, but wouldn't it be great if we were in the same class!  We got in line and waited.  It was a long 15 minutes and Paine is not Peyton's greatest strength!
Unfortunately, the wish wouldn't come true.  They aren't even in the same hall, much less on the same team. 
So off we went, just Peyton and I, to meet her new teachers.  Ms. Cotton, Ms. Toller and Mr Lane.  I am impressed!  We heard great things about them from former students and other parents. 
AND we know she has at least 2 friends in her home room - Eliza and Hailey.  I am sure there will be more.  No repeats from last year.  No Raegan, no Gracie, no Alexis.  I hate that, but you never know what the new school year will bring!  Maybe her lifelong best friend is in her class!
All in all, a great night.  She got her first choice for co-cur, we got to see friends, it's nice to get back in the halls before the actual first day.
I think she's ready!  I hope I am!  My first year in charge of homework!  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment