Friday, May 16, 2014

Spring Social


The dress was chosen (after we tried on 47 of them!!!) and the night was finally here.  Spring Social night at PHIS.  Peyton was so excited.  She wasn't going with anyone, because, much to my surprise, most of her friends have "boyfriends".  I am amazed that parents allow this.  They are 12.  I know it's really not anything other than saying they are boyfriend/girlfriend, but I think it's too young.

Luckily, so does Peyton.  She has boys that she thinks are cute, but no one she "likes".  She went through a crush phase, but she is so into her things now - dance and cheer and school - that she just doesn't have time.  YAY!  But she is wonderfully secure and independent and knew she would run into friends there, so she went with me.  (I was volunteering)

 She came straight home from school and started on her hair...it was hot, so I would have never even tried to straighten my hair, but she had a vision - she wanted me to do the braid.  And it looked beautiful.
She wanted some pictures outside...I thought I got a couple on the trampoline, but maybe she made me delete them!!! 
 How gorgeous is my girl?  Love that color on her - and although you can't see them - 
those are great silver sandles.

 Red dress in the red room. 
 The volunteers made balloon aliens for decorations - cute!
 Peyton wanted to take this one home for her room!
 Turn Down For What?!  Biggest dance of the night!
 I was on pizza duty.  This is Steve.  This poor little piece of pizza that got most of the toppings pulled off while we were putting slices on napkins for sale.  Steve sat there most of the night.  No one wanted to charge a dollar for Steve and his no-toppingness.  Finally, Steve found a home in the stomach of one of the volunteers.
Peyton and Zoe showing off their winnings from the games....CANDY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment