Monday, December 9, 2013

More Snow and Ice Fun!

FINALLY, after 2 days of trying we were able to get Raegan to our house so the girls could play.  They played music, they sang at the top of their lungs, the did crafts and origami and ate waffles and chips and more waffles (the only made for gluten-free diets thing I keep in my house) and they laughed a lot.

Raegan has lived in lots of cold places, so she has snow gear and a sled!  She brought her sleepover stuff into the house riding on a very cool tie-dyed looking snow sled for two with real snow pants, a ski jacket, the warmest hat ever and real snow boots!  I think Peyton was jealous, but if the Neighborhood Market is out of bread, eggs, bananas, milk, chips and meat - then Academy is out of snow pants, I am sure!

Sunday morning they were up and out early - ready to play in the little bit of snow that was coming down outside. 

They posed...

They ate icicles...

The performed their original musical "Ice Day" for Patrick and me...this, as you can see, is a very dramatic scene!

And then I took them to the hill to sled...
I'm pretty sure this was Peyton's first time on a real sled on any kind of hill.  She loved it!

This, my friends is Texas snowboarding!  Sheets of laminate flooring will do the trick.
You should have seen some of the things the people brought to the park to try and use as sleds - sheets of cardboard, lids from big plastic bins, laundry baskets, the windshield sun shades, pieces of foam, blow up inner tubes, a wheelbarrow attached to laminate "skis" was my favorite, but the most effective fake sled was a boogie board!  Next time, I'll know!

Funny how climbing up a hill is fun when you know another trip DOWN is waiting!

Peyton's last trip down before we had to leave - she said she was flying!

Home for the night - time to make cookies!  
Salted caramel Snickerdoodles at Patrick's request!


 The finished product!  Really different - but REALLY good!
 
Today we got a bonus day - I can't believe they canceled school, but the kids have been making the most of it - and they are playing together!


No comments:

Post a Comment