Wednesday, September 25, 2013

It all started with an Angel at Academy

Running late.  Picking Peyton up from school.  Need new jazz shoes for class not competition.  Quick trip into Academy.  In, found shoes, no line at check out, out the door....

to a flat tire...a really flat tire...a flat-as-a-pancake flat tire.  Patrick at work - actually in Dallas at the CRC in a meeting.  Called Summer - can you pick up Peyton so she can get her homework done before dance?. Called All-State.  "Do you have a spare tire?"  I have no idea and a trunk full of baseball gear.

Nice man, please help, where to I look (don't judge me), YES!  I do have a spare tire!  Thank you so much!  All State road side repair - can be here in 45 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes.  It's hot...really hot...ugly hair hot!  Mom is alone...well, with Peyton which is way more dangerous for everyone involved than just plain alone!  Nice man again - this time coming out of Academy..."do you want me to change your tire?"  He's wearing a white, white, white shirt and perfectly pressed khaki shorts.  He's so clean it almost hurts to look directly at him...so as much as I wanted him to change my tire, I said "oh no, the All State people are coming."  Apparently he has AS and jumped right in - said I'd be in this parking lot all day if I waited for them.  Besides, there is an NTB right across the parking lot.

I knew my tires were bad -they told me when I had my oil changed in August....but they were expensive bad, really expensive bad!  So I put it off.  Patrick and I kept waiting for a week or two to go by with no disasters so we could buy new tires...guess we waited a couple weeks too long!

 The salesman at NTB was a butt.  The tire fix it guy was a gem.  I swear if they had an auto mechanic category on America's Got Talent - he'd win!  He sang, he danced, he spun around, he spun the tire around, he smiled, he kind of bounced the tire from place to place...he was a joy to watch                             and he was FAST!  

 The kids aren't exactly in tune with adult reality, but they can tell when mommy has had an especially bad day.  Murph was happy to be thankful for his "Pink Out" game day shirt...which reminded me that a flat tire is a flat tire and cancer something to complain about.

Peyton drew me a flower on the back patio with her hand print in the middle.  There's something about a child's hand or foot print that makes parents melt.

I have 4 new tires.  I have 2 wonderful kids.  And there is an Angle in our neighborhood that shops at Academy and drives a big red pickup with A & M plates!

No comments:

Post a Comment