Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Check this one off the Bucket List!

Silly as it may sound to those who don't watch and love Food TV, I am amazed by the ease with which the chefs make their own bread and pasta.  I contemplate making my own pasta much more often than I think about making my own bread, but thanks to the new "Heartland Table" - homemade bread came first!

I dvr'd the show on Saturday and watched it Sunday...shopped on Monday and decided to tackle it on Tuesday.  Great day to try new things if Patrick is off or opens - Peyton has dance, so I don't have to worry about pleasing her very limited palette!

 Yeast proofing - all foamy and fun to watch!

 Mixing up a very simple flatbread dough

 The second rise...the smell of oiled dough is intoxicating!

 Little flatbreads ready for the grill

 I was convinced they were going to drip or melt right through the grates, but it worked just like on tv!

 Served it up with the peppered pork loin - just like on tv...I was beaming with homemade pride!

Homemade flatbread and peppered pork loin sandwiches for Tuesday dinner.  Very cool!  The pork loin is now one of my go-to meals - so easy and crazy delish.  The boys love it - especially Patrick - he is a sucker for pepper.  Makes great leftovers too.

No comments:

Post a Comment